LATEST UPDATE: The death toll has been revised to 32. Some of the victims were counted more than once and the attackers were also counted, but have now been omitted by Belgium authorities. Over 300 people were injured and required medical treatment. Some of the injured are still in the hospital and receiving intensive treatment.
Four Americans have been killed in the attacks, according to the State Department.
Our condolences to all of the victims and their families. We wish those injured a speedy recovery. Stay tuned for more updates.
UPDATE: Several reliable sources have stated at least two Americans have been killed in the attack. They have not been named yet.
( updated 03/25/2016)
UPDATE: A day later and this is what we know about the Brussels attack (so far):
- Confirmed terrorist attack.
- Total of three explosions. Two at the Zaventem airport and one at the Maelbeek metro station.
- 34 people have been killed: 14 people were killed at the airport and 20 were killed at the metro station.
- 187 people have been injured: 81 people at the airport and 106 people at the metro station.
- At least one of the explosions is believed to be a suicide bomb.
- Belgium has raised their threat level to the highest level.
- Three days of national mourning in Brussels.
- At least one suspect remains on the loose.
- The State Department in the United States warn Americans about traveling to Europe.
Stay tuned for further updates. Our prayers are with the people of Brussels.
(updated on 03/23/2016)
An attack in Brussels occurred this morning. At least two explosions were detonated, possibly three, in an airport and train station. At least 30 people have been killed and over 230 people have been injured. These figures may change. All of the details are not known yet and the situation is very fluid. Please pray for the victims and their loved ones impacted by this senseless violence. For our readers and subscribers in Europe, please stay vigilant and safe. Other cities have stated they will be increasing their security as a response.
Stay tuned for further details. You may also get the latest news by clicking on ‘CNN News Top Stories’ on the right hand side of our website.
(original post on 03/22/2016)